SMARTT North East is team of highly experienced trainers of mainly ex Armed Forces and all our staff hold specialist qualifications with many years of industry practice and teaching experience.
What is health and safety in a workplace?
The Health and Safety At Work Act 1974 – requires your employer to provide you with information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of their employers
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 – identifies situations where health and safety training is particularly important e.g. starting work, exposure to new or increased risks or where skills are rusty or need updating. This includes assessing risks to you while you are at work and to any other people affected by this.
What are the main health and safety regulations?
The health and safety regulations forms the basis of all current health and safety law in the UK, for example;
How the employer intends to provide a safe workplace (statement of intent)
- Is an enabling act that enables other health and safety regulations to be made
- Established the Health and Safety Commission (HSC) to propose new regulations
- Established the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to enforce the law using inspectors
- Aims to protect the health and safety of all employees in all employments
- Aims to protect all persons on the premises – not just employees
- Emphasises the prevention of accidents by anticipating hazards and reducing risks..
- There will be identified hazards and the procedures to be followed in relation to those hazards
- The procedures that must be followed for recording accidents at work
- A procedure for evacuation of the premises in the event of an emergency
How much does a health and safety course cost?
SMARTT specialise in health and safety and offer all training qualifications for staff, and offer the most competitive prices around, for example, courses range from;
- Health & Safety, including COSHH – from £30 per person
- Fire Warden Training, Including fire extinguisher training – from £40 per person
- Manual Handling – from £45 per person
- Food Safety in Catering – from £40 per person
- First Aid at Work (FAW) including defibrillation – from £85 per person
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAaW) including defibrillation – from £35 per person
- Prevention and Control of Infection – from £60 per person
- Health and Safety within a Construction Environment – from £130 per person (PLEASE NOTE; this does not include CSCS test and CSCS cards)
- Personal Licencing Holders – from £65 per person
How long does health and safety training take?
Different health and safety courses require different hours of training and different levels of qualification – please click the links below to see more details on the training times and levels for each course
- Health & Safety
- Fire Warden Training
- Manual Handling
- Fооd Safety in Catering
- First Aid at Work (FAW)
- Control Of Substances hazardous To Heath (COSHH)
- Invention Prevention and Control
- Conflict Management
- Health and Safety within a Construction Environment
- Personal Licencing Holders
We offer further qualifications in health and safety, such as, paediatric first aid, stand-alone COSHH & risk assessments on request. Please contact us for more information