SMARTT North East Ltd was very pleased to be chosen by Durham County Council to offer new learning opportunities for young adults aged between 16 & 24.
Since the opening of their brand new multi-mullion pound state of the art football stadium SMARTT has been working in partnership with Consett AFC to bring courses and employment to the local area. The club has already hosted short courses in First Aid, Paediatric First Aid, Health and Safety and Food Safety to name a few.
Can I get free courses on benefits?
What courses can I do for free?
Our free courses contribute to the employment route-way of Hospitality and Catering
- Number of Sessions each cohort = 12 (days)
- Total hours = 60
- This includes 1 to 1 sessions and drop in sessions
Learners will take part in many different activities in both classroom environment and outdoors, such activities will include; Problem activities, Communication, Working in teams and Improve own learning.
How can I get a free certificate?
By signing up to our free courses your will achieve 7 bespoke Sector Skills Full Qualifications;
Hospitality & Catering certificates include;
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF) – valid for 3 years
- Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF) – valid for 10 years
- Level 2 Award in Conflict Management, including Customer Service (RQF) – valid for 3 years
Health & Safety certificates include;
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, including defibrillation Training (RQF) – valid for 3 years
- Level 2 Award Fire Safety (RQF) Fire Marshall – valid for 3 years
- Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)(RQF), including risk assessments – valid for 3 years
More short courses in heath and safety are planned along with new programmes developed especially for Derwentside residents.
Free Courses For Unemployed
We are planning to run our first set of courses in Consett sometime August however, with COVID-19 and government guidelines theses dates may change. Please keep visiting our website for any changes and confirmed dates
For more information on any of our courses and dates please contact us
A copy of our COVID-19 risk assessment can be downloaded here