SMARTT will be running more Free First Aid Course at the home of Consett AFC next month. Not only will we be running free First Aid, people who attend the course will also receive a further 7 qualifications over the period of just 12 days.
Where can I learn first aid for free?
Free courses include;
- First Aid – Level 3
- Personal Licencing – Level 2
- Food Safety – Level 2
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Heath (COSHH) – Level 2
- Conflict Management – Level 2
- Fire Safety – Level 2 (Fire marshal)
If you are aged between 16 and 24 and currently unemployed you can learn and gain the first aid qualification amongst the others for free.
How do I get CPR certified for free?
CPR is included in the course as well as defibrillation training
It is essential that as a primary aider you do not transmit infections in your casualty or indeed agreement infections out of your casualty. To assist in minimising the threat of infection and go-infection there are numerous precautions that may be taken together with;
- Having suitable personal hygiene
- Ensuring that barrier gadgets are used
- Protecting any open cuts or sores
- Minimising contact with blood or physical fluids
- Converting gloves among casualties
- Washing palms thoroughly after eliminating gloves.
What are barrier devices?
Barrier devices are essential pieces of first aid equipment which will help stop the spread of infection and cross-contamination between the casualty and first aider. Barrier devices, like the name says, put a barrier between the first aider and the casualty
Barrier devices can include:
- Powder / Nitrile free gloves
- Face masks/shields
- Pocket masks/shields.
Cleaning after an incident
Once the incident has been handed over to qualified medical assistance, then the clearing up process must commence; this process consists of:
- Ensure that all used bandages and used items such as personal protective equipment (PPE) are placed in a yellow clinical waste bag, or similar
- Ensure that the area where any blood or other bodily fluids have been spilt is thoroughly cleaned
- Restock the first aid kit and replace any other equipment that may have been used during the incident
- Record and report the incident.
For more information please contact us here and we will be happy to answer any questions