SMARTT North East are running free Food Safety course in Consett and across the Co Durham region. The courses are fully funded by the DurhamWorks program and we over a period of 12 days we will be running a number of various free courses along side the Food Safety which include, First Aid, Fire Safety, COSHH, Personal Licensing, Conflict Management and more.
What is Food Safety?
Measures/conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure safe food
How do I get a Food Hygiene certificate?
if you are aged between 16 and 24, live in Co Durham and currently unemployed, then you can qualify to attend the 12 day course you can then gain a free level 2 Food Hygiene certificate, along with the mentioned certificates above.
How long does a Food Hygiene course take?
Over the 12 days we will be running 7 different courses and each course has different hours. The Food Safety course takes 1 day (7 hours) for further details on the courses please click here
What is the responsibility of a food handler regarding?
The food handler has many responsibilities which include
- Protect food at all times
- Follow good hygiene practice
- Keep yourself and your protective clothing clean
- Report illnesses or conditions that could contaminate food to your supervisor
- Keep food out of the danger zone
- Report maintenance problems and signs of pests to your supervisor
- Follow instructions, including date codes
- Comply with the law.
What are the 4 types of hazard?
- State three symptoms of food poisoning
- Abdominal pain/stomach cramps
- Nausea (feeling sick)
Free Food Safety Course
How can you prevent the multiplication of food poisoning bacteria?
- Cold temperatures
- Hot temperatures
- Short time in danger zone
- Don’t top up displays
- Cool rapidly (90 mins)
- Dehydration and keepfood dry
- Stock rotation
What are the rules for the safe use of a freezer?
- Temperature -18°C
- Satisfactory packaging
- Separate raw and high-risk
- Stock rotation
- No hot food
- Keep clean and tidy.