Free Courses in County Durham – SMARTT North East Ltd is very pleased to be chosen by Durham County Council to offer new learning opportunities for learning.
Free Courses in County Durham
The health and safety regulations forms the basis of all current health and safety law in the UK, for example;
- How the employer intends to provide a safe workplace (statement of intent)
- Is an enabling act that enables other health and safety regulations to be made
- Established the Health and Safety Commission (HSC) to propose new regulations
- Established the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to enforce the law using inspectors
- Aims to protect the health and safety of all employees in all employments
- Aims to protect all persons on the premises – not just employees
- Emphasises the prevention of accidents by anticipating hazards and reducing risks..
- There will be identified hazards and the procedures to be followed in relation to those hazards
- The procedures that must be followed for recording accidents at work
- A procedure for evacuation of the premises in the event of an emergency