Free CSCS card training – SMARTT North East has free Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) training for the Level 1 Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction. This programme includes CSCS test training. *please note the funding does not include the CSCS test and CSCS card
Eligibility for free CSCS card training
- Over 19 years old
- Newly unemployed (up to a maximum of 6 months) including those who are not yet claiming benefit and those who have recently started claiming Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance
- Have some health and safety experience
- Want to work in an industry that needs you to take the CSCS test
- Can commit to 10 x 5 hour training sessions
- Individuals aged 19 or over who are under consultation of redundancy or under notice of redundancy.
Free CSCS card training – Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction
As from 1 July 2014 individuals who require a CSCS Green Card can obtain one by completing the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction. This includes those entering the construction industry and those who require to renew their card. The Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction qualification is accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and was developed by industry in partnership with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). Click Here for Course Specification
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in Construction provides individuals with an essential foundation in relevant matters of health and safety. The qualification is aimed at individuals who currently work, or wanting to work, in a construction environment. Successful completion of this qualification will enable individuals to apply for the CSCS Green Card which allows access to construction sites.
Free CSCS card training
Pass the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in Construction qualification and Pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years of applying for a new card
- Week one: Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction.
- Week two: Complete your Health and Safety training in order to prep you for your CSCS test
All attendees must demonstrate that they:
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
- Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace.
- Know risks to health within a construction environment.
- Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
What does the free CSCS card training course cover?
The CSCS course includes:
- Risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety work
- Safe manual handling
- Working safely at height
- Risk to health within a construction environment
- Working around plant and equipment safely
- All sections covered in the health and safety test.
- An opportunity to answer the questions that could come up on the test during the course to assist with learning.
- A mock test to give individuals some experience of the test.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about our free CSCS card training please contact us here