19+ and living in County Durham? join our FREE 6 day programme leading to an NCFE level 2 Award in Employability Skills
“If opportunity doesn’t knock – build a door! “ Milton Berle
A Strengths-based Approach The day to day grind of being unemployed or underemployed and looking for work can have a negative impact on our confidence, self esteem and self-worth. How then can we maintain our optimism, think hopefully and present our best self to any employers who invite us to interview? We want to bring together a group of people who want to rediscover the positive person inside – maybe you’ve been made redundant, taken a severance package or you want to return to work when your children go to school in the autumn. Accelerate will help you to find your direction again…
- FIND OUT ABOUT LOCAL EMPLOYERS WHO WILL VISIT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR COMPANIES AND RECRUITMENT
- TAKE PART IN ACTIVITIES AND DISCUSSION TO IDENTIFY YOUR OWN STRENGTHS & VALUES AND BE CONFIDENT TALKING ABOUT THEM
- CONSIDER HOW SOCIAL MEDIA CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH AND NETWORKING
- CREATE YOUR FUTURE WITH GOAL SETTING AND PLANNING THAT WILL HELP YOU TO BE CLEAR AND FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WANT
Hints & Tips to maximise the benefits of Accelerate…
Attend all 6 sessions and participate fully in activities
Take part in discussions and offer something of yourself to the group
Give and receive mutual support from other people in your local community
Attend our networking evening on 24th April to meet local business people
Create a positive vision of your future career path with clear goals to motivate you
So why a strengths based approach?
Identifying our core strengths whilst seeking employment or career progression enables us to take a number of different and useful actions when applied to your job search:
1. It reminds you that you do have positive characteristics to offer an employer- after a period of unemployment you can all too easily forget this
2. It offers words and phrases that you can easily incorporate into CVs, applications, Linked In profiles and interviews
3. You can match your natural strengths and preferences to jobs and careers you are considering
4. Identifying your strengths also highlights areas for further development – we all have them!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the programme – we want to help you to take the positive step onto the Accelerate programme.
How to Book
Please click here to book a place
SMARTT North East is an experienced learning provider working in partnership with schools and community organisations across the North East. We deliver work related learning opportunities that aim to support personal development and progression to further learning and work. To help prepare the next generation for the world of work we offer a suite of accredited vocational, employability and enterprise courses for schools. We incorporate lots of learning outside the classroom to support young people struggling to thrive in a traditional education setting.